Thursday, April 28, 2005

Why Should I Care?

Good question. Why should you care about what I have to say about anything? I know, I know, you're just here for the senseless drivel put forth by an obviously disturbed mind, but still. In a perfect world, you'd already agree with everything that I have to say, and I wouldn't have to put it into this form. But alas, its not a perfect world.

All jokes aside, I think its a good thing to hear what other people have to say about nearly everything that comes down the pipeline. Whether its talking about relations between Lebanon and Syria, the Iraq war, Social Security, or whether the levies should or should not pass, I like to hear about why people do what they do. Everyone should have a reason for believing the way that they do. It disturbs me when you confront someone about something that they've said, and the only evidence that they can provide is "well I heard", or even better, "I dunno." That nearly drives me insane. Its a good idea to take about three steps backward from me when someone replies like that.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a Republican. Rich, evil, conservative, hoping that children die because they don't eat at school, hoping that old people die from lack of Social Security Republican. (If you actually believe those things, seek help.) I enjoy hearing the opposite side of political issues. If you have an excellent reason to vote against something that I'm for, great! Vote that way! You're the one voting on the issue, you're not an extension of my vote. Just don't yell and scream when I put forth my opinion in a much more skilled way, and therefore persuading so many more people of my position that its staggering.

So to answer the question. You should care, because you may be wrong. And I just might have the answer.

Of course, it could be the other way around.

No comments: