Thursday, April 21, 2005

Randomness

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I read this book years ago in high school and it was funny, though way over my head. Last year, I had the opportunity (through a job which involved very very little work from me) to reread this book, and the entire series by Douglas Adams, and found it over-the-top funny. It has the random observations on life, clever asides, and outrageous situations that thoroughly entertain my simple mind.

There are days where I wake up and look at the clock which reads 7:42 am and think, "Will today be the day that the earth is blown up to make way for an exit ramp?" Then I realize, "No, you live in Windham, and there's your own little bypass about five miles down the road, even though Yahoo Maps says that you need to park your car on the Turnpike and jump the fence to get to your house." But then I think to myself, "Really, you're overanalyzing things, get up, have some toast, watch Sportscenter, realize how mundane your life generally is, and go back to bed for another hour."

But of course, that's wishful thinking.

Get the book though, its pretty good.

No comments: