Monday, March 09, 2009

Evening Worship blogging

I have to admit, this is much harder when you have a song and prayer service. But nonetheless, we press on. If only for the reason of actually being able to use the word "nonetheless" because its totally awesome.

It was good.

Songs were alright.

Prayers were good.

Lord's Supper was great. I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of Holy Spirit approved doilies in the bottom of the unleavened bread plates, though there is that nifty little design on the bottom to placate my disturbitude.

I suppose by now most folks have noticed that I smile a lot during the middle of worship, at what most people would consider to be inopportune times. If you've been on the receiving ends of one of my little aside statements, you understand why, and if you've not been, well give me time, I'll get to you eventually. Unless of course we keep converting people...the line is starting to get quite long now. Not that I'm complaining of course, long conversion lines are good. Back to point, one thing that I've found to be true is that worship can be very fun, if you want it to be. The old statement is that worship is what you put into it. If you want a dull service where you come in and punch your card for another week, that's exactly what you're going to get. If you want something a little better, then you get that, because that's what you're looking for, you find ways to make it happen. Now this isn't a hard and fast rule at all, people have certainly rained on my sunshine parade on Sunday mornings, and there are those who do seem to take delight in such things. But overall, smiling in worship isn't prohibited anywhere in scripture that I can find.

With smiling in mind, I give you.... Second Peter, in thirty-eight words.

Peter describes how Christians grow and the truth that he has taught, but warns of the false teachers who will come after his death. He finally reminds all Christians that the truth of the Gospel will never change.

No comments: