Would someone please let this show die? Ugh. When it comes to reality shows I've got to say, I'm a fan. Really, it's not much of a secret. I've got a saying, "Your pain is my entertainment.". It's especially evident on Survivor, but that's another subject entirely.
American Idol just hurts most times and there's so few people to really get behind. But it's a ratings powerhouse and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So what's a sensible guy to do?Here's a few suggestions.
1. Donate $1.00 to charity anytime Randy Jackson says the word "dog" whether he's actually talking about an actual dog or not. Paula not included though.
2. Write a two page report explaining why the various celebrity performers are showing up on the Wednesday show. Really, I can rationalize Kelly Clarkson being on, even though she kind of swore off of it a few years back, but Kanye West??? Huh?
3. Plan names for your future children. Come on, you know you want to use Anoop someday, right?
4. There's always at least a 73% chance that Paula is going to say or do something idiotic. Sometimes it's worth taking the shot.
5. Look for a commercial with Summer Glau or Eliza Dushku. Worth every moment invested. Believe me.
6. Write a blog post.