Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The next two years...

I’m really looking forward to the next couple of years now that the Democrat party has won control of the House of Representatives and likely will take control of the Senate in a few days. 

“Huh?” you say.  “Why would he look forward to that?”  Well let me respond.

Well, for the next two years Conservatives don’t feel the need to defend the decisions of a huge group of morons who couldn’t legislate their way out of a wet paper bag.  Many of us have been quite disappointed in the recent Congress and their decisions and the attitude that they’d taken on.  Now granted, I certainly believe that the current set-up in Washington will not be any better, but really I don’t think it will be much worse either.  Hopefully we will be able to find more people like Michael Steele, I’ve stated my support of him before.  I don’t agree with him on every point, but his attitude and charisma took him a long way in a race in which he should have gotten pounded.

Here in Ohio, DeWine loses, no surprise, he lost the support of Conservatives a long time ago, plus boneheaded moves by Taft and Bob Ney drove any chance he had into the ground.  Blackwell, who is a very nice guy in person, suffered Taft backlash and also ran a horrible campaign. 

The Village won’t be getting any tax increase anytime soon.  It didn’t even garner the numbers that is had back in February. 

One thing to notice for everyone.  When Democrats lose, there are charges of voter fraud, Americans being stupid, and threats to flee to Canada.  When Republicans lose…well, I haven’t heard anything shrill like that yet.  I don’t anticipate it either.

No comments: