Since I’ve made it plain that I’m going to be moving in the middle of next year, I don’t feel that it is right for me to cast a vote on a tax in which I don’t have a part.
But if I was, I’d keep in mind…
- The property tax issue is designed to do directly to the Village Police Department to the tune of $100,000.
- It costs a lot more than that to run the Department.
- Will the allocation from the General Fund stay the same, decrease, or increase?
- The Village has paid their responsibility to the State Worker’s Compensation system.
- The Village is in the process of paying off their “Dangling Debt”.
- Those payoffs net approximately $100,000 per year.
- Regardless of this issue’s passage or rejection, the majority of that revenue should flow back toward the Police Department.
- What will be the state of the Village’s finances upon repayment of all debt?
But, you know, that’s just me.