Monday, November 06, 2006

For the record

Since I’ve made it plain that I’m going to be moving in the middle of next year, I don’t feel that it is right for me to cast a vote on a tax in which I don’t have a part. 

But if I was, I’d keep in mind…

  • The property tax issue is designed to do directly to the Village Police Department to the tune of $100,000.
  • It costs a lot more than that to run the Department.
  • Will the allocation from the General Fund stay the same, decrease, or increase?
  • The Village has paid their responsibility to the State Worker’s Compensation system.
  • The Village is in the process of paying off their “Dangling Debt”.
  • Those payoffs net approximately $100,000 per year.
  • Regardless of this issue’s passage or rejection, the majority of that revenue should flow back toward the Police Department.
  • What will be the state of the Village’s finances upon repayment of all debt?

But, you know, that’s just me.

No comments: