Saturday, November 25, 2006

Doing my part...

Well, for the first time, I ventured out in the early morning to hit the doorbuster Christmas sales on Black Friday yesterday.  There was a deep-seated need within my evil Conservative heart to go out and do the right thing for our evil Capitalist pig-dog economy. 

Many other people joined me in this celebration too. 

The plan was to go to Best Buy and get a camcorder and laptop computer.  The plan was not exactly realized, but I knew it ahead of time when I drove by the back entrance of the new Circuit City and the line to get in there wrapped around the front of the building, along the side of it, clear out to the road that I was on.  The line at Best Buy was even longer.  There were at least 750 people in it, probably more.  And why didn’t anyone warn me that actually getting into the building was only half the battle?  Getting out was even worse.  I did get a camcorder, but waited in line an hour and a half just to checkout.  Luckily there were some nice people there that had fought valiantly in previous similar battles before to talk me through it.  It was a test of patience, and we won the day.

No comments: