Sunday, September 18, 2005

Crime Prevention

Not having researched the point much at all, I’m pleasantly surprised to see a wealth of information concerning Community Policing on the Internet.  Go figure!  Evidently the government has funding and lovely grants in place to facilitate cooperation between police and community volunteers to help the police to be more proactive in their actions rather than simply being reactive to things that have already occurred. 

I seem to recall a while back that some of this has already been implemented in Windham, but I’m not entirely certain where I heard it.  One of the things I hope to do in the next week or two is get together with the Chief (that just sounds cool) to find out some of his thoughts on the PD/Community relationship and how it can be used to clean up things around here.  After some of the comments on the Forum a few months back, tensions can run a bit high I’d guess.

No comments: