Saturday, March 18, 2006

Congratulations

Definitely going out to the basketball team.  Even though my home school was defeated, it was one of the best games that I’ve seen in years.  Of course, I haven’t seen a high school basketball game since 1992, but that’s beside the point.

Watching ONN this evening, it seems that Windham will be playing Columbus Grove, with a record of 20 – 5.  Grove has been on quite a streak in the playoffs and before it, and has a “feel good” quality to folks in the middle of the state, much like Windham to everyone in our community. 

If Coach Hill can continue to motivate these young men the way that he has been since the beginning of the season, the next game should not only be a fun one to watch, but should also be a win. 

As I was walking out of the game tonight, I saw some friends from back home and they asked me if the team always played that well.  The answer was obviously yes, and they were surprised that they’d not heard of Windham before, apart from my talking about the Village.  I’m still befuddled by the fact that the team wasn’t ranked in the AP polling, especially considering their caliber of play during the last three weeks of the season.  Perhaps it has something to do with the PTC being a young league or some such. 

Regardless, we have a fine team and excellent coaching staff to represent us in Columbus next week.  No matter what happens, this team will always be a great team because of the people involved.

No comments: