Friday, October 07, 2005

Upcoming items of note

On the 13th of this month, the county Board of Elections will be showing off their spiffy new electronic voting machines (because what we’ve been doing for the last 50 years isn’t good enough anymore).  The demonstration is taking place in Village Council Chambers beginning at 6:00 pm and running until 8:00 pm.  If you don’t know how to use these things and want a heads up before Election Day, head down for what’s sure to be an exciting night!

Yes, that was sarcastic.  Thank you.  I’ll be here all week.  Try the veal.

Also, on October 19, the newest incarnation of the Neighborhood Watch Program will kick off with a meeting in those same Council Chambers.  The meeting will begin at 6:00 pm.  I think it would be a grat idea for everyone to get involved in this.  I’d be there, but of course, the Village schedules things when our church has Bible class.  Hmm, decisions decisions.  I’m picking church.  Of course, I’ll be happy to read notes that anyone would be kind enough to pass along.

Hopefully I won’t have to jump through hoops to get them.

And one more thing.  Can we get a new name for that room?  It just doesn’t feel like a “chambers” type of room to me.  It has more of a “bad gymnasium” ambience.  And the echo.  Oy.

No comments: