Well, April 16 has rolled around and the church celebrates a great day. This day has great significance for Christians across the world, and is observed with honor and reverence. Why?
- Its the day in which we remember the Lord’s death – 1 Corinthians 11:23–26
- Its the day in which we rejoice in his resurrection – Matthew 26:26–29
- It is the day in which Jesus rose from the grave – Mark 16:9
- It is the day in which Jesus was shown to be the Son of God with power – Romans 1:4
- It is the day upon which the church officially began – Acts 2:1
- It is the day when the Apostles received the Holy Spirit – Acts 2:1–4
- It is the day when Jesus was worshipped for the first time (by Thomas) – John 20:25–26
- It is the only day when Christians are recorded as gathering together – Acts 20:7
- It is the day in which John received his Revelation – Revelation 1:9–10
That’s right, it is that blessed holy day which all Christians are to observe, to worship upon, to partake of the Lord’s Supper, and to enjoy fellowship with and the edification of other Christians.
The first day of the week.