Friday, April 21, 2006

The Resignation Letter of Ms. Shelley Craine

The title pretty much sums it up, doesn’t it?

April 8, 2006

 
Village of Windham
9621 East Center Street
Windham, OH  44288
 
To Mayor Jim Moore, Council President Scott Garrett, Council members Rachel Barrett, Jason DeBolt, Robert Donham, Marian Garrett, Scott Garrett, Jodi Minotti, and to the residents of the Village of Windham:
 
It has been my privilege to serve as Village Fiscal Officer for the past 16 months.  I want to say thank you for the opportunity that you have given me.  After thoughtful consideration, I am submitting my resignation effective Friday, April 21, 2006.
 
I would like the residents of the Village of Windham and the Village Council members to know that when I accepted this position, I understood completely that this job is an “Executive position” which is defined as Exempt from Overtime according to Federal Wage and Hour Laws and beyond my normal and reasonable salaried wage and the one (1) week of vacation time that I am due, I will not under any circumstance seek additional compensation for hours worked above my normal 40 hour work week from the Village of Windham.  There will also not be any attempt on my part to seek any compensation from the State of Ohio Office of Job and Family Services Unemployment Division.  In resigning this position, I acknowledge that I forfeit all rights to those options.
 
I also acknowledge that all work completed during my tenure belongs to the Village of Windham and will be willingly surrendered and all records will be left on the premises for future reference.  Upon my last day of work, I will voluntarily surrender all keys, passwords, safe combination, bank signature rights, all files, records, official copies of Council minutes, official copies of Ordinances & Resolutions, Village cell phone, email addresses and rolodex phone files, cash balances, financial records, UAN procedures and training manuals, LGS Conference Manuals, all Village owned computer equipment and furniture and computer backup CDs and floppy disks.
 
To the best of my ability, I will leave the 2005 and 2006 Financial and Clerical records in a condition that will be conducive to the upcoming Audit.
 
In addition, I would request that Marian Garrett contact the State Auditor’s office to inquire concerning any reporting requirements that may exist as a result of my resignation.
 
I understand the confidential nature of the financial work I have completed for the Village and will not make any further public statements, nor speak in any capacity on behalf of the Village.
 
This will include speaking to any member of the press in regards to the financial affairs or any other matter regarding the Village of Windham.
 
Thank you and my best wishes to you all.
 
May God Bless the Village of Windham.
 
Sincerely,
 
Shelley K. Craine

No comments: