Sunday, September 17, 2006

Have you ever...

I suppose that we all do it every once in a while.  We all play the “what if?” game.  What if I’d have left the house three minutes earlier, would I have been part of that automobile accident right now?  What if the Indians had not let Bob Howry go during last off-season, would the team be contending for a shot for the playoffs right now?  What if I had not had those hot wings last night, would my tail end not feel unnatural?

Ok, that last one is a bit extreme, but you get the idea I think.

All of these things are decisions.  Some are bigger than others, some are just off the wall, but each one becomes part of the fabric of our lives.  One thing that I’ve come to understand is that each one of these decisions, whether bad ones or brilliant, make us exactly who we are today.  Sometimes we screw up royally and make a horrible decision, many times we make the right ones. 

Luckily every once in a while we get a chance to make one right, or at least as close to right as we can.  I hope we all get the opportunity one of these days.

No comments: