Monday, November 07, 2005

Wrap Up - Part one

Yeah, this is likely only the first one, but I’d like to get some things said before yet another blow up over something.

First, I’d like to thank all the people who’ve volunteered for their respective positions.  You’ve stepped up in what has turned out to be a spirited election season and have weathered the storm.  Later today, some of you will take those positions, some of you will not.  Likely  some of you will be a bit relieved by not taking those positions too, as it seems that there is going to be a lot on the plates of those who take elected office this term. 

I’d also like to personally thank all of you who kindly responded to my questionnaire a few weeks back.  Your responses helped me to make decisions as to my own votes, I appreciate your time.

To the supporters and opponents of the tax and levy issues on the ballot, vote your conscience.  I’ve stepped out and spoke about my own reasoning on things, putting my neck on the line I guess.  Whether we agree or not, I hope that in the future we can all work together for the best in the community.  Whether the issues pass or fail, tomorrow will not be the end of the world.  November 9 will come (ok, Lord willing), and we’ll pick up whatever pieces that lay on the ground and press toward a better community.

I also hope that no matter what happens with the election, that both the Village Council and Township Trustees put their past differences behind them and work toward what’s best (and I continue to think that’s some kind of Joint District of Fire and EMS combined).  I intend to be more involved in the process, so expect me to continue to be a thorn in the side, or the nicest guy in the world.

We are all concerned for the health of Mayor Jess Starkey, take a moment and remember him today.  Thoughts and prayers are always appreciated by those who are suffering illnesses and by the family of those also.

No comments: